Monday, February 16, 2015

Snow and Books (Reading Challenge Weeks 5-7)

I've had quite a few books checked out from my library that I needed to read before they expired, so I haven't been able to read the books I've chosen for my challenge in the past couple of weeks. I do have them checked out, so now that I'm caught up on my other books I'll be getting to these this week.

Week 5: A play. I chose An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde. The only copy of this my library has available online is a performance of the play, so I'll be listening instead of reading. I'm assuming it's going to be the same as listening to an audiobook. Maybe not quite.

Week 6: A Book With Magic. I chose The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

Week 7: A book from your childhood. I've chosen Secrets Can Kill by Carolyn Keene. Nancy Drew is the reason why I'm infatuated with mysteries and always have been.

We're currently bogged down by snow here in Kentucky and I'm afraid to leave my house. My body doesn't do well with anything cold. This is the reason that I'm able to read a boatload of books in the winter. I'm not brave enough to leave my house in the winter, and most of the time I don't want to leave my bed.

Hopefully we don't get the 18 inches that's being called for. While it might be nice to experience that much snow on the ground at one time, I'm afraid of being in too much pain to enjoy it for very long. I don't want all the snow to melt, though, and have to admit I was too chicken to get out of my house and walk in it for five minutes.

Maybe I'll brave the outdoors tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)