Thursday, February 5, 2015

January Wrap-Up & February TBR

I read eight books in January, and for the most part, enjoyed them all.

The Host / Stephenie Meyer, 5 stars. This was the first book I read in 2015, and it was a great start to my reading year. I really liked it, even more so when it made me cry. That doesn't happen very often.

Shadow / Amanda Sun, 4 stars.

Ink / Amanda Sun, 4 stars.

Rain / Amanda Sun, 4 stars. I've really enjoyed the Paper Gods series so far, and I'm looking forward to the release of the third book.

The Angel Experiment / James Patterson, 4 stars. Really enjoyed this book, and I was glad to see that my library has the rest of the books in this series available for checkout as eBooks.

Waterfell / Amalie Howard, 4 stars.

Oceanborn / Amalie Howard, 3 stars. I enjoyed the first book in The Aquarathi series, but the ending of this one sort of ruined it. Unless I was mistaken in thinking this was a duology. If there's going to be a second book, then the ending would be fine. If it was in fact a duology, it should have ended sooner.

Austenland / Shannon Hale, 4 stars. I wasn't too sure if I was going to like this book when I first opened it and saw the format, but I did end up enjoying it.


My monthly reading challenge was to finish a series. That didn't happen (unless The Aquarathi was a duology, then it did, but I don't know). My plan had been to finish reading the Divergent trilogy, but I had a problem with my library card and couldn't log on to access my eBooks, so I missed my turn reading them.

I have deferred that challenge to this month, and will also complete the challenge that I drew specifically for February, which is to reread a favorite book. I have chosen Anne of Green Gables.


There are 13 books that I plan to read, or finish reading, this month. Five more than I read in January. Lots of reading to be done.

The Book Thief / Markus Zusak

The Archived / Victoria Schwab

An Abundance of Katherines / John Green

Paper Towns / John Green

The Goose Girl / Shannon Hale

School's Out - Forever / James Patterson

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports / James Patterson

The Lucky One / Nicholas Sparks

The Murder at The Vicarage / Agatha Christie

Love's Abiding Joy / Janette Oke

Anne of Green Gables / L.M. Montgomery

Insurgent / Veronica Roth

Allegiant / Veronica Roth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)