Sunday, February 1, 2015

Reading Challenge Weeks 3 & 4

Week three's was to read a duology, and I chose The Aquarathi series by Amalie Howard. I did enjoy these books, however the ending of Oceanborn threw me. Either I was off-base in thinking this was a duology, in which the ending would make sense if there will be a third book, or it just wasn't a good ending.

Waterfell - 4 stars
Oceanborn - 3 stars

Week four's challenge was to a read a book by an author that I admire but haven't read yet. I chose to read Shannon Hale. I'd heard a lot of good things about her and was high on my list. One of the available books by her at my library was Austenland.

Austenland - 4 stars

This week I'm supposed to read a book that scares me. I had a bit of trouble with this, as most of the creepy-sounding books I've come across are horror, and as a rule I avoid horror. I just don't think I can stomach it. So I decided it would be best to stick with mysteries.

I've decided on reading Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. I've never read anything by her before, and I am thoroughly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)