Monday, January 19, 2015

Reading Challenge: Week 2

Week two of my reading challenge was supposed to have me reading a book by an author who shared my initials. That didn't go as planned. I couldn't find an author that had my initials, so I decided to settle for books by two different authors, each with one initial of mine. This also didn't work.

I had chosen To All The Boy's I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. Since I do the majority of my reading from books I've borrowed from my library, I had to wait for others to finish before I could check them out. I was hoping that I would be able to check them both out, but I'm still on the holds list for Jenny Han's book.

I did get to read The Angel Experiment and I really enjoyed it. It gets a solid four stars from me. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series as soon as I've finished the other books I have checked out from my library.

Week 3 challenge: A duology.

There were many duologies on my list that I would have enjoyed reading, but either my library only had the first book, or I would  have been several people back on the holds lists. 

I did some searching for a while, and finally came across Amalia Howard's series, The Aquarathi. I settled on this duology simply because it was the first one that I was able to check out from my library without playing the waiting game with the holds list. I also didn't want to take a chance on someone else borrowing them while I was searching for another.

I love libraries, but sometimes I wish I were able to afford, and had the space to store, all the books I'll ever be able to read. Oh, what a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)