Monday, January 5, 2015

Reading Challenges For 2015

If you read my last post, you might remember that one of my goals for 2015 is to read 100 books. To help me reach my goal I will be participating in two reading challenges.

I have written the prompts from each challenge on strips of paper and put them into a jar, so when I need a new book the prompt will be random.

The first is a weekly drawing. Every weekend this year I will be picking a prompt at random, choosing a corresponding book and reading it before that week is up. I did make a slight tweak to this challenge, though. 

In the original version there are only 50 prompts, one of which is a trilogy, for a total of 52 books. One for every week of the year. I prefer, though, that once I begin doing something regularly that I continue to do it, or it messes me up completely and I get off track. So if I pulled the trilogy in the middle of the year, it is very likely that I would forget to go back to the challenge and pull a new one for a couple of weeks. Then once I remembered I would be behind, and there's nothing I hate more than being behind in something and needing to work quickly to catch up. In light of this, I added two prompts. There is now a prompt for every week of the year, for a total of 58 books that I will have read by the completion of the challenge.

Seeing as there was a trilogy already on the list, I simply added a duology and a quartet.

The second challenge is Katytastic's TBR Jar Challenge 2015. This challenge is once a month.

Both challenges will have me reading 70 books throughout the year, so I only have to come up with 30 more to meet my totally attainable goal. I'm not insane, am I?

I drew my first prompts yesterday. My weekly prompt is to read a book set in the future, and my monthly prompt is to finish a series.






I haven't picked a book for my weekly challenge yet, but hopefully I'll be able to find something among the books I've checked out from my library. (Side note: Why was I the only one that didn't know it was possible to borrow eBooks from library's? Seriously?)

My monthly challenge was easy to decide on, seeing as I'm currently in the middle of reading Veronica Roth's Divergent Series. I've read Divergent, have Insurgent checked out in eBook form, but I'm on the holds list for Allegiant. I'm hoping the people in front of me will read quickly and I can check it out before the end of January. There are 50 something people in front of me, but I'm going to think positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)