Monday, January 12, 2015

First Week of My Reading Challenge

My book prompt for last week was a book set in the future. I chose to read The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Partly because I already had it checked out from my library and it fit the prompt.

I really liked this book. I live under a rock, so this was the first book by Stephenie Meyer that I've read. As I was reading it, I was going to give it four stars. I was really enjoying it. Then it made me cry.

I never cry. Okay, maybe once every four or five good months, but that's pushing it. It's like my personal filter for awesome things. If it makes me cry, it's an automatic five stars. I don't care if the rest of a book was mediocre, if it makes me cry because I feel the pain the characters are going through, it's getting five stars.


This weeks prompt is to read a book written by an author with your same initials.

I couldn't find one. So I'm going to improvise. I'll read two books, both written by an author that has one of my initials.

The first is To All The Boy's I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. The Second is The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. I'm on the holds list for both of these books, though there aren't many people in front of me. I may not get to read both of these books this week, but I'm going to hope I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I welcome anything you have to say, and all I ask is that you are kind to me and others that have commented. :)